Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Frog Harem...

As you can see from the picture on the left, I have a harem of frogs that I keep at my disposal to bite on and to use as pillows. I do believe my favorite is the yellow bow frog (the one by my side). He's so much fun! I confiscated him from my mother--this is the frog that she had asked for as a wedding present but noone got him for her so she ended up buying him herself. Oh yeah, this is also the frog that she slept with for several years after she was married. It turned out Mr. Bear, her previous sleeping companion, was getting a bit old and ratty. He's currently around 27 years old.

I am always on the look out for other creatures to add to my harem. Once I decide who I want, I usually bite their eyes off (if the eays are plastic, unfortunately, I have been unable to bite off felt eyes), so that they cannot see a way to escape. There is a one-eyed monkey (she used to have two eyes before I got a hold of her...) around here somewhere that I have tried to adopt, but my mother has thought otherwise. Oh and what a fine monkey she is with her soft pink and soft green skirt and top. This monkey was purchased at the Pottery Barn and that is why my mom has kept her off limits (kind of...).

No comments: