Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My Epylepsy Update

I know that it's been a while since I posted. Oh, hush my fans, everything is fine.

About a week ago I had my fourth epileptic episode. This one was not too bad and I wasn't as scared. My parents and I now have enough information about these episodes to be able to observe a pattern. So here's what we know so far.

All my episodes took place at night. I would be sleeping restfully, when my dad would arrive from work and I would get startled with the noise of his arrival. I would sprint out of the bedroom to protect my mom (I didn't know for sure that it was dad coming home, you know!) and then BAM! my limbs would become stiff and I could not move properly. All four episodes happened like this.

On my last one, dad picked me up while I was having the seizure and took me to my mom. She held me until I was O.K. I wasn't very scared this time, so my legs were not as stiff and my face did not look as terrified. That made my mom happy. She thinks that maybe my seizures are getting weaker and maybe they'll go away. We'll see, I'll keep you posted.

I'm so glad my parents are here for me. I'm a very lucky pug!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Our pug Boomer has had seizers lately too. They are very scary and are thinking it might be epylepsy (or brain tumor - we are picking epylepsy!) they started in December for the first time had 2 then again in March. the vet gave us some meds we can give him at home between episodes (he usually has a little one then a minute later another and so on for 30 - 60mins) I hope Alfred feels better!

Rita R. Carreira said...

I am sorry to hear about Boomer. Give him all my best. My parents just adopted my sister Stella who has epilepsy and she is on meds. I want her to get better so that she can play with me.

Be patient with Boomer, it may get better... It did for me!